This year was the first time I didn’t go home for Christmas, so I missed on some serious sister bonding time. Even though we were apart, my sister, Diana, and I chatted on the phone and we texted when we could. A couple of days after Christmas, Diana texted me and asked if I wanted to do the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans New Year’s Weight Loss challenge, not knowing what the challenge would involve.
Since September, I’ve been having issues staying on the healthy eating wagon and as a result, gained about 10 lbs. That’s a lot! I’m sure some of it was water weight, but still… I felt I needed to get back to it. So I told her I would love to join the challenge, and we signed up as partners.
On New Year’s Day, we submitted our weights and decided to count calories using My Fitness Pal (my username is CeciliaHearts).
In preparation for the challenge, I wanted to try something new in this weight loss journey, so I did a little bit of research and decided to get a BodyMedia Wireless Link Armband to help me track my steps, calories burned, and calorie deficit. I went to Target to pick it up, and was pleasantly surprised that it was on sale!!
The next step was to come up with some goals for the next 8 weeks.
My goal is to lose 8 lbs in the next 8 weeks. I will do this by
- wearing my BodyMedia armband up to 23 hours a day, every day
- logging all my meals, snacks, bites, etc. using My Fitness Pal and having a calorie deficit of 300-500 calories a day
- following my half marathon training to a T (including Cross Training on Wednesdays) which will take me to February 17th.
- The last 2 weeks of the challenge will be filled with 3-4 classes at the new gym, either Krav Maga or AMPD, and Pilates and/or Yoga.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water (64 oz / 2L) a day
Our weigh-ins are on Wednesdays, and I’ll be blogging updates on Thursdays.
What are some of your goals for the new year?