The first week of the challenge FLEW by… I can’t believe we just had our first weigh-in yesterday.
In the first week, I lost 2 lbs, which I was very pleased with.
What contributed to my success this week:
- having roasted vegetables on hand – I have a really hard time adding vegetables to my meals, so just being able to heat them up was fantastic
- having a snack or two in my purse for when I was running errands. Sometimes errands took longer than expected, and I was glad when I got hungry
- using a Camelbak glass bottle to monitor my water intake. It’s a lot easier to fill that up a few times a day, rather than trying to count at least 8 glasses of water
- tracking my calorie intake on MyFitnessPal
- talking to my sister about our struggles
- having my running buddies to keep me motivated to do my runs, especially when I was tired or it was raining
Here are a few of the stats from my BodyMedia armband
My goals for Week 2:
- Log all my food intake
- Try to do as many workouts as I can… I got a cold yesterday, which I’m fighting very hard since we’re only 3 days away from the 3M Half Marathon
- Drink lots and lots of fluids
- Complete the 3M Half Marathon on Sunday, preferably under 2:30, but if I’m flexible, especially if I’m still not feeling well
Do you make goals for each week?
If you’re part of the New Year’s Weight Loss Challenge, how was your first week?