We’ve been back from our honeymoon for a week, and it’s time I started back up on my weight loss journey. I’ve finished my program with my dietitian, and it’s time for me to put everything I learned to use. I’m blogging about it to keep me accountable. My goal is a 5 lb loss by May 31st (although my big goal would be to lose 7 lbs as I’ve gained about 6 or 7 in the last month). I’m going to lose it by doing the following:
- logging all my food on my journal
- week 1: just log it all!
- week 2: week 1 goal AND eat 4 servings of vegetables daily
- week 3: week 1 + 2 goals AND stick to allotted servings
- week 4: week 1-3 goals AND no sweets!
- running 3-4 times a week:
- one long run 60-90 minutes
- two to three 30-45 minute runs
- cross training twice a week (whatever, just get it done!)
- drinking at least 6 glasses of water daily (I’ve been slacking with the water as well)
This month, I will also talk to my doctor about my heat/cold-induced asthma — now that the weather is heating up, I will need it again.
Do you make monthly goals? How does it work for you?